I would like to have different variables that calculate values at different periods.
Some use cases would be to make models for :
- Products with different billing subscriptions
- Hiring contractors on a weekly, monthly or annual basis depending on the needs
- Seeing how different compounding periods affect the interest.
Hey @Andrew_McCloud sounds like a great use case! You can use the
month helper variables in a daily model for that. Here’s how you can go about it:
- For adding values weekly, let’s say every Sunday, you can write something like
if dayOfWeek = 0 then 1 else 0
- For adding values monthly, let’s say the first of every month, you can write something like if
dayOfMonth = 1 then 1 else 0
- For adding values every year, let’s say on the first of Jan, you can write something similar to
if month=1 and dayOfMonth=1 then 1 else 0
You can also use other helper variables like
isThanksgiving etc to account for holidays. You can read more on these under “Functions” in the help menu to the top right.
I share this need/want, but I’m told that using linking models built on different timescales can lead to unexpected behaviors.